Travel Information: COVID-19 UpdateOn July 13, 2020 Governor David Ige announced plans to delay until September 1, a program that would allow trans-Pacific travelers to skip quarantine in Hawaii if they test negative for COVID-19. The launch of traveler pre-testing program, was originally set to begin August 1. Thus, extending the mandatory 14-day quarantine for all trans-Pacific travelers (visitors and returning residents) arriving into the state of Hawaii through August 31, 2020.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is paramount. We understand that collective action is needed to slow the progression of COVID-19, and because of this, we along with many other hotels and businesses continue to remain temporarily closed.
We are currently scheduled to re-open on September 1, 2020. Please see preliminary pre-travel testing process specifics. Do note, these are subject to change. Please check with the Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau before you are expected to travel.
- Accepted testing: Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab.
- Travelers will be exempt from the mandatory 14-day quarantine to testing negative no more than 72 hours in advance of travel.
- If test results are not available by time of arrival in Hawaiʻi, quarantine will be necessary until test results received.
- All travelers of all ages subject to pre-test requirement.
- Individuals responsible for testing costs.
- No commercial testing provided at Hawai‘i airports. The pre-test is one part of a multi-layered screening process which includes arrival temperature checks, completion of the State Travel and Health form, and secondary screening for those with symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 degrees or higher.
For guests scheduled to arrive now through December 17, 2020 we are not charging any change fees for date modifications, and have relaxed our cancellation policy. Our updated cancellation policy for the remainder of the year is as follows:
For travel April 7, 2020 - December 17, 2020 any cancellations made one (1) day or less prior to arrival will result in a penalty charge of two-nights of the total package price. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more information. Cancellation policy is based upon 12:01 a.m.; day of arrival. In case of illness or other circumstances, please call 800-222-5642 for special assistance.
Our cleaning and disinfecting procedures adhere to CDC and health department standards and all of our staff have been trained on the proper use of cleaning products and processes. In recent weeks, we have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols in common areas of the resort as well as in our rooms. Learn more about Ho'o ma'e ma'e - Our Aloha Clean Promise.
During these uncertain times, we are focused on supporting our staff members and community as best as we can. We will continue providing updates on our website and on our social media channels. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Mahalo for your understanding and support.
Stay safe and healthy.